Patients can be admitted to The Christ Hospital Inpatient Rehabilitation Program from a variety of places, including home, a hospital, a long term acute care unit, a skilled nursing facility or other types of facilities, provided they meet the following criteria.
- Require daily access to a rehabilitation physician, who will oversee his or her medical needs and therapy treatment plan.
- Require 24-hour rehabilitative nursing.
- Require at least two forms of therapy.
- Be able to tolerate a relatively intense therapy program, consisting of at least three hours of therapy, five out of every seven days.
- Have the ability to achieve rehabilitation goals in a reasonable period of time. A complimentary pre-admission screening is conducted within four hours of each referral to determine if the patient’ specific condition may benefit from the rehabilitation program.
The Rehabilitation Unit accepts most major insurance carriers, including Medicare. Benefits will be verified prior to admission. A pre-admission screening is conducted to determine if the patient’ specific condition may benefit from the rehabilitation program.